In-Ceiling Loudspeaker 2-Way 8" Woofer with 1" Tweeter White
- Two-way 8" woofer with 1" tweeter
- 180 watts program at 8?
- 60/30/15/7.5 watt 70V taps
A versatile lineup for clear consistent sound
Yamaha designed the new VXC speakers to accommodate a growing list of applications in the installation market. While these speakers deliver quintessential Yamaha sound quality they have also been carefully designed for safe and easy installation. This speaker series includes a comprehensive range of models that are available in either black or white or can be painted to match the interior of any application.
Ceiling speakers for any application
The VXC Series offers three different woofer sizes allowing you to choose the speaker that is most suitable for your venue. Each model has an internal transformer that allows both high and low-impedance drive with just a single speaker simply by switching the tap on the baffle. Since a single speaker can be used for both operations inventory control is simplified and you can easily adapt your system to any changes.
Safe seamless installation
Series speakers' Anti-Drop tab allows them to be mounted temporarily in the ceiling freeing your hands for better safety and ease of installation. An attached flexible carrying band also makes the speakers very portable allowing you to carry multiple speakers at once safely. Additionally VXC Series speakers also come complete with O-rings and tile rails for a safer smoother installation.
Pursuing the best sound for installation
VXC Series speakers address a demand in the installation market for speakers capable of providing superb music reproduction as well as crystal clear announcements for public address applications. They feature newly customized transducers with large powerful magnetic circuits that increase driving and braking force substantially as well as dedicated tweeter diaphragms and speaker cone paper made from a carefully-created blend of materials that help optimize sound reproduction. Cabinets are built tough to meet the demands of a wide variety of commercial environments constructed from a carefully selected plastic with just the right tensile strength and designed with optimized bass-reflex tuning to offer a firm tight low-end. From the networking components and the materials used for wiring and soldering right down to the optimal placement of acoustic absorption material a great deal of attention has been paid to even the smallest details of the series' design.
Several aspects of these speakers' design reflect a strong emphasis on functionality as well as the aesthetic features of their construction - effectively enhancing sound quality and speaker performance without disturbing the interior decor of the installation. This concept is evident in the hexagonal design featured on the grille of both series' speakers that actually improves sound clarity by raising the aperture ratio. Even the innovative design of the VXC's tweeter improves sound clarity by providing unrestricted woofer movement.
- Type 2-way, coaxial type, with back can, acoustic suspension
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
- Power rating (IEC, 100h)
- Noise: 90 W
- PGM: 180 W
- MAX: 360 W
- Sensitivity (1W, 1m): 90 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (Calculated, 1m): 116 dB SPL
- Frequency range (-10 dB): 55 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover frequency (12 dB/Oct): 3 kHz
- Connector: Euroblock (4 pin) x 1 (input: +/-, loop-thru: +/-)
- Max. wire size: 12 AWG (2.5 mm)
- Transformer taps: 70 V 60 W, 30 W, 15 W, 7.5 W, 100 V 60 W, 30 W, 15 W
- Overload protection: Full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Enclosure shape: Back Can
- Back can material: Steel 1 mm, Black
- Baffle material: HIPS
- Grille material: powder coated perforated steel (t=0.6 mm)
- Trim Ring: ABS
- Aperture ratio: 51%
- Finish: White painting (approximate value: Munsell 5Y9/05)
- Dimensions (Speaker only): 12-3/16" dia. x 10-3/16" D
- Net weight (Speaker only, 1 piece): 6.6 kg (14.6 lbs)
- Cutout size diameter: 11-1/4"
- Required: ceiling board thickness 1 mm – 35 mm
- Conduit tube: up to 1/2"