DISCLAIMERATTENTION! TARIFFS AND INDUSTRY IMPACT: All Pricing is subject to change without notice due to industry wide Tariff increases with several major manufacturers. Please check with your sales rep for current and updated pricing information prior to ordering. Quotes are only valid for the day they are provided. Returns for credit - New product may be approved to be returned for credit within 30 days of original packaging. Product must be new, unopened and in original packaging Returns and canceled orders are subject to a 25% restocking fee. -MANY ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER. PLEASE VERIFY PRICING AND AVAILABILITY ON ALL PRODUCTS WITH YOUR SALES REP VIA CHAT, EMAIL, OR PHONE BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER
The MKH 800 TWIN is a universal studio condenser microphone of exceptional quality. It includes a dual capsule consisting of two symmetrical push-pull transducers with high linearity. This is a "side fire" microphone with the two cardioid pick-up patterns of the transducer aligned back-to-back across the axis of the microphone. The signals of both transducers are not combined in the microphone in order to generate differing pick-up patterns but are available separately as two channels at the microphone output. This allows the pick-up patterns of the MKH 800 TWIN to be remotely adjusted. The signals can be combined in any desired way in the mixing console in order to create all pick-up patterns from omni-directional to figure-8 with an infinite number of intermediate stages. Based on the legendary MKH 800, this microphone opens up to a new dimension of studio recordings.
- Color: Nextel grey
- The remote adjustability and the variable pick-up patterns make the MKH 800 TWIN a universal main microphone, soloist microphone or supporting microphone.
- The pick-up patterns can be set and optimised under monitoring conditions. In other words, it is not necessary to fix the pick-up patterns definitively before recording.
- A wide range of mixes for stereo and surround are possible (including in parallel).
- Saving of the microphone signals in two channels also allows an unlimited range of mixes to be realised at a later date.
- The high sensitivity ensures interference-free signal paths as a result of high signal levels. The inherent noise of downstream microphone amplifiers is thus of minor importance.
- Very low inherent noise prevents the masking of filigree sound structures. The depth of the acoustic can be heard more clearly too.
- High linearity of the transducers minimises the signal distortions and ensures the transparency of the sound even at high sound levels.
- The frequency response extends to 50 kHz, thus improving the resolution for complex acoustic details.
- Stable pick-up patterns minimise sound distortion in the direct and diffuse field.
- Negative acoustic effects caused by the housing and the sound inlet basket are minimised.
- The small, slim design and the optionally dark housing design (Nextel) make it visually unobtrusive.
|Frequency response (Microphone)||30 - 50000 Hz|
|Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz)||40 mV/Pa (-28 dBV)|
|Nominal impedance||100 Ohm|
|Min. terminating impedance||2000 Ohm|
|Phantom powering||48V +/- 4V|
|Equivalent noise level||12 dB (A)|
|Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3||20 dB|
|Maximum sound pressure level (passiv)||134 dB SPL|
|Current consumption||2 x 3.1 mA|
|Dynamic range||122 dB(A), 114 dB (CCIR)|