The R-44 Portable Field Recorder from Edirol/Roland is an ideal choice for videographers, musicians, sound designers and more. The ultra-portable unit weighs under three pounds but packs a number of great features. Record up to four channels of linear PCM audio at a variety of bit rates and sampling frequencies; up to 24-bit/192kHz. The recorder offers four XLR/TRS combo jack inputs for great versatility. The XLR connections have phantom power, allowing you to use your favorite condenser mic. The R-44 can record to widely-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards, making it easy to store and share your audio. Because there are no moving parts, the R-44 delivers silent, reliable operation that you can depend on.In addition to the input connectors, the R-44 also offers built-in stereo microphones and monitor speakers, allowing you to record and play back audio without any additional equipment. What's more, is that the unit will operate for up to four hours on four AA batteries. You can also use the included AC adapter to use it via wall power.Built-in effects include a three-band parametric EQ and a six-band graphic EQ, a noise gate, compressor, de-esser, limiter and low-cut filter. A pre-record function keeps the R-44 listening at all times, so that when the record button is pressed, the previous few seconds of audio (selectable) are captured to your memory card.The R-44 has an easy-to-use interface, complete with a high-contrast OLED display.
- Built-in stereo microphones and monitor speakers: Although the R-44 is compact, all the necessary functions are included. Built-in high quality microphones and speakers make recording and monitoring without external devices possible
- Built-in limiter, low-cut filter and studio class effects: An on-board limiter helps suppress sudden peaks in sound from an input source. A low-cut filter is included to help prevent things like wind noise or mic handling noise
- Pre-Record function ensures you never miss that important moment again: The Pre-Record function buffers input signals for a certain amount of time. When the REC button is pressed, the material from the previous few seconds (selectable) is included
- Combo type analog jacks and digital output enables connection with a variety of devices: The combo input jacks (4) supports the connection of both XLR and 1/4 inch plugs. XLR inputs are equipped with phantom power
- High-contrast Organic LED display and operation-oriented user interface: The high contrast, high response organic LED screen, viewable from wide angles ensures fluid operation in field recording situations. The high response of level meters makes precise level adjustments possible