The RM Series’ uses a coaxial driver unit from Pioneer pro-audio brand TAD[i] to ensure audio from the tweeter and woofer emanates from the same point for a more accurate sound. The aramid fibre woofers and front-loaded bass reflex system with grooved ducts ensure a clean bass, while the aluminium hard domed tweeter has been optimised to deliver rousing high frequencies of up to 50 kHz.
The rigid die-cast aluminium cabinets are designed to look and sound superb – featuring curved contours to eliminate resonance, and a proprietary acoustic tube to reduce standing waves and ensure the quality of the low to mid ranges. The speakers also boast a three-band EQ and multiple inputs, giving producers the ultimate flexibility and simplicity in any environment.
- HD-Coaxial driver unit for accurate point source monitoring
The RM series adopts its HD-coaxial driver unit from Pioneer sub-brand TAD, placing the woofer and the tweeter on the same axis to ensure a truer response across the frequencies. A newly developed waveguide minimizes interference between the drivers, to produce a true, neutral sound with excellent isolation, perfect for near-field monitoring in a professional studio.
- 50 kHz tweeter for precise, electrifying high frequencies
The 1.5-inch hard dome aluminum tweeters were designed using unique Pioneer technology[ii] for added frequency response. The diaphragm’s shape and materials are optimized to deliver precise, rousing high frequency sounds.
- Rigid die-cast aluminum cabinet with curved contours for superb sound clarity
The RM Series housings are made from die-cast aluminum for maximum rigidity and reduced resonance at all volumes. The cabinet’s curved surfaces optimise the rigidity and reduce external diffraction – while giving the speakers a sleek design that will look good in the studio.
- AFAST[iii] acoustic tube reduces standing waves for a clear low-mid frequencies
Pioneer’s patented AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, ensuring true reproduction of low to mid frequencies.
- Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves for a smooth, clear bass
The RM-05 and RM-07 feature aramid fibre woofers for a robust bass response. Plus the front-loaded bass reflex design and innovative grooves on the bass ducts reduce air friction, even when the speakers are positioned right against the wall.
- Low/Mid/High EQ settings for added flexibility and control
A three-band EQ (Low/Mid/High) gives producers the option to tailor the monitor speakers’ sound or audition tracks for certain scenarios, and has four pre-sets for each band.
- Other features:
- Custom-designed Class AB bi-amps ensure balance across the frequencies
- Exclusive toroidal transformer power source for excellent S/N ratio and no distortion
- Clip indicator to protect the unit from excessive input
- Wide range of inputs (XLR and RCA)
- Auto standby On/Off function
- Type: Bi-am 2-way active speaker
- Enclosure: Bass reflex/Aluminium die-cast
- Tweeter: 1.5-in hard dome aluminum HSDOM Tweeter
- 5-inch aramid fibre woofer
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 45 Hz~50 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 104 dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Amplifier Output (rated output)
- Class A/B bi-amp 100W
- LF?50 W / 4?
- HF?50 W / 4?
- Input Terminals
- Balanced Input: XLR x 1
- Unbalanced Input: RCA x 1
- Input Impedance: 10 k?
- Input Sensitivity: -40 dB???+6 dB
- High EQ: -2 / -1 / 0 / +1 dB ( 10 kHz )
- Mid EQ: -4 / -2 / -1 / 0 dB ( 140 Hz )
- Low EQ: -4 / -2 / 0 / +2 dB ( 50 Hz )
- Power Consumption: 142 W
- Power Consumption During Standby Mode: 0.3 W or less
- External Dimensions (WxHxD): 8 x 11 x 8.8 in
- Weight: 20.5
- Accessories Included
- Power cord
- Operating Instructions
- Rubber Leg
- Bottom Cushion