The two-way Studio Scope 3 is a high quality bi-amplified loudspeaker, delivering impressive wide-range, high-output sound from a trim, space-saving design. It provides a level of acoustic performance that convincingly exceeds what you get from similar-looking consumer models, making it ideal for use in business, education and media production space-constrained settings.
High Quality Components
The Studio Scope 3 system is comprised of two matched cabinets. Each cabinet contains a long-excursion 3-inch polypropylene-coated woofer and a 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled tweeter. The tweeter is mounted in a proprietary waveguide that controls its dispersion, ensuring optimum listening-area sound coverage, free from the random “splatter” of too-wide dispersion designs or the restricted “flashlight beaming” coverage of too-narrow dispersion designs.
The Left speaker contains the system’s stereo amplifier, rated at 10 dynamic watts per channel, which is more than enough to drive the Studio Scope 3 to a surprisingly loud, clean sound pressure level.
In addition, the cabinets are made of Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a dense, acoustically-inert material that prevents the cabinet vibrations that would otherwise diminish the system’s clarity. This is a huge advantage over similar-looking consumer speakers, most of which use thin, vibration-prone molded plastic housings.
Easy to Use
Ease of use and flexible connectivity were also major considerations in the Studio Scope 3’s design. Conveniently located on the Left speaker’s front panel is the system’s volume control, an Auxiliary input jack for connecting other devices and a Headphone output for private listening.
With its top-grade driver elements, surprisingly powerful amplification, and resonant-free MDF cabinets, the Studio Scope 3 delivers a level of acoustic performance that is perfect for business conferences, educational settings, retail kiosk presentations/demonstrations and media production monitoring. If you require superior performance compared to conventional compact consumer powered speakers—even when space is at a premium—the Studio Scope 3 is an outstanding choice.
- 3-inch polypropylene-coated woofers for tight, accurate bass
- 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters for transparent highs
- Customized tweeter waveguide for focused sound coverage and lifelike detail
- 20W performance (10W-per-channel amplifier)
- Acoustically-inert MDF cabinets with bass reflex design for deep, rich lows
- Clarity and loudness far superior to conventional computer speakers
- RCA inputs for connecting CD/DVD players, mixers, and more
- Front-panel 1/8-inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop or desktop computer, MP3 player, or other audio sources
- Front-panel 1/8-inch headphone output
- Front-panel volume control
- Low-Frequency Driver: 3 inch (76 mm) diameter, polypropylene-coated, with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1 inch (25 mm) diameter, silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.3 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 10 watts continuous, per channel into 4 ?
- Input Impedance: 10 k ? unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: Blue power LED for aligning wave guide
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 5.1" x 6.1" (19 cm x 13 cm x 15.6 cm)
- Weight: 5.6 lbs (2.55 kg)