DISCLAIMERATTENTION! TARIFFS AND INDUSTRY IMPACT: All Pricing is subject to change without notice due to industry wide Tariff increases with several major manufacturers. Please check with your sales rep for current and updated pricing information prior to ordering. Quotes are only valid for the day they are provided. Returns for credit - New product may be approved to be returned for credit within 30 days of original packaging. Product must be new, unopened and in original packaging Returns and canceled orders are subject to a 25% restocking fee. -MANY ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER. PLEASE VERIFY PRICING AND AVAILABILITY ON ALL PRODUCTS WITH YOUR SALES REP VIA CHAT, EMAIL, OR PHONE BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER
The next stage in live sound
Mix and record live productions of any size with ease. Avid VENUE | S6L delivers the unmatched processing power and sound clarity artists and engineers rely on to present the best show possible. From direct AAX and Waves plugin support and 128 tracks of Pro Tools recording, to full system modularity and 300+ processing channels, the S6L unified platform gives you the mixing efficiency, creativity, and flexibility you need to meet the demands of any gig. And now with its newly expanded line of five control surfaces, three engines, and four I/O racks to choose from—with 100% hardware, software, and show file compatibility across all—it’s easy to configure and scale the perfect system for your needs.
Share I/O across three S6L systems
VENUE now supports I/O sharing across three S6L systems, giving you more workflow flexibility while cutting costs and complexity. This makes it easy to add a broadcast console or second monitor console to your setup or enable fast switchover at festivals. Plus, all I/O configurations fully support True Gain technology, which automatically manages gain compensation to ensure proper signal levels are maintained for each engineer.
Connect to Milan-networked devices
Milan (Media-integrated local area network) is an open standards-based network protocol, built on the AVB standard, that’s gaining traction across the Pro A/V market for its easy, reliable, and future-proof media delivery. With the new MLN-192 Milan Option Card and latest VENUE software, you can now connect S6L with Milan-enabled loudspeakers, amplifiers, and other devices and benefit from the speed, interoperability, and reliability Milan brings to live sound.
Mix more creatively and easily
Expand your creative possibilities with new mixing features. Add analog warmth and color to mixes with HEAT available on every input channel. Shape sounds without constraint with unlimited graphic EQs on all output busses. Filter out frequencies with HPF and LPF on every output channel. Enable parallel mix control on built-in channel EQs and dynamics to perform parallel compression, expansion, and gating on every channel. And see your levels in their full glory with the Big Meters view.
Get quick ’n’ easy USB recording and playback
Don’t need a full Pro Tools multitrack session? VENUE 7 enables easy 2-track recording and playback using a USB flash drive connected to your S6L control surface. Perform basic live stereo recordings. Play back stereo tracks for pre-show entertainment or walk-up music. You can even integrate audio files with VENUE snapshots and events to trigger sound effects, cues, and music beds for theater performances.
Explore more processing and routing possibilities
Have access to four new post-fader plugin inserts and one post-fader hardware insert on every input channel—ideal for automixing workflows. Double your plugin fun with 400 plugin slots available across all S6L systems and engines, allowing for better VENUE show file compatibility—regardless of the system or configuration used. And with bus-to-bus routing, you have the freedom and flexibility to route any Aux or Group to any other Aux or Group.
Take better control of delay compensation
Got plugin-heavy mixes with complex routing requirements? Aligning busses and matrixes is now super simple with the expanded Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) settings. Plus, the new Input Delay Alignment command makes it easy to align selected input channels to compensate for any plugins inserted on those inputs, giving you more granular control and visibility over how delay gets managed across the system.
Build your perfect system
VENUE | S6L offers a variety of component options to configure and scale a system to meet any production, space, or budget requirement. Take control of your mix with a choice of five surfaces that offer from 16–48 faders. Power performances and integrate studio processing with a choice of three engines. Get all the ins and outs you need by mixing and matching any combination of four I/O rack options. And scale up or down to meet changing control, processing, I/O, and connectivity requirements, with 100% hardware, software, and show file compatibility across all components.
Take intelligent control of your mix
When you’re mixing live, there are no do-overs. You have to anticipate and react fast. With Avid VENUE | S6L, you get instant access to every facet of your mix. View detailed information across high-res displays—in even the brightest outdoor conditions. Access and adjust your mix, including plugins and VCA groups, using the touchscreen and surface controls. And gain insight into every input, aux, and more through the Universe screen.
Experience unprecedented power
From Broadway to broadcast, many live shows require hundreds of channels. With the VENUE | E6L engine, you have the power to support over 300 processing channels. The real-time processing engine handles all routing, channel, and mixing functions. The HDX-powered DSP engine manages all plugin processing, with full automatic delay compensation, so you can create bigger, better sounding mixes—with no round trips to external servers. Simply put, it outperforms the competition—hands down.
Achieve pristine sound—live
VENUE systems have always been respected for their unprecedented sound quality. The clarity. The warmth. S6L is no different—yet it totally is. And it starts at the source. Every VENUE | S6L I/O rack features the exact same professional-grade build quality, with a high-performance preamp design, so they deliver the same sound quality and clarity no matter which you choose, enabling you to present even higher quality mixes, with incredible presence.
Expand your creativity
Mix with the same sound processors used in top studios to get the sounds you want. Or re-create an artist’s signature studio sound live. Because all S6L configurations support Avid and third-party 64-bit AAX DSP plugins, you’ll have far more creative choices at your fingertips than any other live mixing system. Plus, you’ll be able to use way more plugins in your mix, thanks to the system’s dedicated, scalable HDX-powered DSP processing.
Directly control Waves plugins
With the WSG-HD Option Card, you can run Waves SoundGrid systems with Avid VENUE | S6L and experience full unrivaled integration, enabling you to access and control Waves plugins directly from the S6L surface and VENUE software. Just as easily as and right alongside your AAX plugins. It’s super-simple to set up, supports Snapshot automation, and provides full system redundancy for the utmost reliability. You can even open older VENUE (TDM) show files that use Waves plugins right in S6L and have all of your settings ready to go.
Choose your ins and outs
With a choice of racks and I/O options available, it’s easy to customize your setup for your stage and local needs, as well as for remote I/O distribution. Connect one or more racks and choose from a variety of analog and digital I/O, including mic/line XLR, AES/EBU, and ADAT connectivity. You also have additional local I/O built into each S6L control surface for added flexibility, including up to 8x8 analog I/O, 8x8 AES I/O (4 pairs), two headphone outputs, MIDI I/O, and GPIO.
Expand the local I/O of your system
Need more inputs and outputs at your local mix position? The Local 16 I/O rack provides you with eight analog ins and outs, as well as eight digital ins and outs in a compact, 3U package—with all I/O conveniently located on the back for easy integration with external processing racks.
Connect with everything
S6L offers extremely reliable Ethernet AVB connectivity across all system components—no matter how long the cable runs. Put an end to expensive, bulky analog snakes. Use lightweight, inexpensive Cat5e cables for runs up to 100 meters. Or use fiber-optic cable for longer runs up to 500 meters. Need to connect to MADI or Dante devices? Just add option cards to integrate S6L into your existing environment. Plus, with support for Luminex GigaCore 26i and GigaCore 10 AVB switches, you can connect your VENUE engines and I/O racks in a redundant star configuration for better flexibility and resilience.
Mix monitors with ease
S6L makes it easy to handle dozens of monitor mixes to help artists deliver their best performance. Get one-touch access to any mix on the faders, whether in-ear, a wedge, or backline. Make complex level adjustments with single fader moves. Enable performers to control their own stage mixes with the VENUE | On-Stage app, or integrate Aviom personal monitoring systems over Dante. Monitor two independent stereo solo busses, which can be assigned to a cue belt pack and/or listen wedge. Plus, get two built-in headphone jacks for local monitoring.
Mix theater productions with ease
Stay on top of every performer, act, and scene with new workflow enhancements that take the stress out of mixing live theater. Add any of the 96 aux sends to your snapshot Scope. Gain greater efficiency with numerous snapshot advancements. And perform complex mixing adjustments with speed and ease thanks to significant updates to the intuitively programmable Events system.
Have peace of mind
VENUE | S6L not only delivers road-tested, industry-proven reliability and the same robust build quality across all of its components, it offers the highest level of service and support in the biz. Even when on the road or in the most extreme environments. All S6L systems now come with three years of Avid Advantage Elite Live support, giving you the highest priority care whenever you need help, 24x7. From ultra-fast response times, to same-day hardware exchange shipping, we’ve got you covered so your show always goes on.
Learn once, mix anywhere
VENUE software is the common platform across all VENUE systems, speeding up all aspects of live mixing and recording. It eliminates complexity, so you can focus more on what matters most—your mix. You can even access a host of parameters and views with just a single touch, increasing your efficiency. If you’ve mixed on any other VENUE system, you’ll feel right at home.
Record shows directly with Pro Tools
Experience the most powerful live recording and playback capabilities in the industry. S6L comes with and supports 128 tracks of redundant Pro Tools recording, so you can create a backup of all live recordings without any extra interfaces or expense. Create a Pro Tools session automatically from your current VENUE show file in seconds—complete with all track names and patching. Record and play back up to 128 audio tracks through a single Cat5e cable. And control your live mixing and recording rigs as one.
Save time with Virtual Soundcheck
When sound checks get compressed or scrapped, show time becomes stress time. With timesaving Virtual Soundcheck, you can get a head start on your mix using Pro Tools recordings from a previous night’s performance in place of the live mics. Then fine-tune from there. And because it doesn’t require the presence of any performer, it’s also a great way to prep a show, from programming snapshots to experimenting with different plugins.
Tackle big productions with dual operators
With the latest VENUE software, you can now designate up to two fader zones on a VENUE | S6L-48D, 32D, or 24D control surface, enabling dual-operator mixing. It’s ideal for theater sound, live broadcast events, and other complex productions. And it offers a cost-effective way to divide and conquer FOH and monitor mixing on a single S6L surface.
Boost your efficiency
With Snapshots, you can store and recall console and plugin settings instantly. Set multiple snapshots to handle changes for every song in a set list. Or quickly switch settings for different performers or scenes. You can also trigger time-consuming but frequently performed actions using Events. And with Layouts, you can assign any channel to any fader strip in any order and save your settings for easy recall. Save up to 48 channel strips per Layout and up to 48 Layouts per show file, enabling assignments and fader settings to be preserved when moving from a larger surface to a smaller one.
Take your mix to go
All VENUE systems use the same software, so you can load any VENUE show file into any S6L system and be ready to rock. This makes it easy to transition from one console to another, like when going from a club tour to a big festival. Just copy your show files to a USB key and load them into S6L. VENUE software adapts the settings to fit within the available hardware and software feature set of the given VENUE system configuration.
Expand your sonic palette
S6L comes with an amazing collection of studio-quality plugins to get you started. But you can expand your library even further by installing renowned plugins from Avid, Sonnox, McDSP, and other top audio designers directly into the system, as well as integrate Waves plugins through the Waves SoundGrid Option Card. From unbelievable emulations of vintage and modern hardware, to a wide array of compressors, EQs, delays, and other sound processors, your creative possibilities are endless.
- Control Surface: S6L-24D
- 12-inch daylight-visible touchscreens: 1 Master Touchscreen, 2 Channel Touch Modules
- Faders: 24 + 2
- Knob Modules with high-resolution OLEDs and tri-color function indicators: 64 assignable knobs across 2 Channel Knob Modules
- Master Live Module: Graphic TFTs with soft buttons; Touch and Turn assignable encoder; 2 assignable faders; monitoring, layout and snapshot controls; transport controls and function buttons
- Metering: 30-segment meters per channel, with pre- and post-fade metering options; Nominal indicator, Expander/Gate status and Compressor/Limiter gain reduction meters
- Analog inputs: 8 XLR mic/line inputs with 48V and signal present LEDs
- Analog outputs: 8 XLR outputs with mute and signal present LEDs
- Digital inputs: 4 pairs of XLR stereo AES/EBU (8 channels total)
- Digital outputs: 4 pairs of XLR stereo AES/EBU (8 channels total)
- Headphone outputs: 2 independent 1/4" TRS stereo headphone jacks
- Ancillary I/O: DVI-D video out, 5 USB 2.0 (2 rear, 2 front, 1 internal), ECx Ethernet port for wired/wireless remote control, GPIO (8 in/8 out), 2 footswitch, Linear Time Code input, MIDI I/O
- Ethernet AVB ports: 2 etherCON (copper), 2 selectable as etherCON (copper) or SFP (fiber); redundant ring topology; supports Luminex GigaCore 26i and GigaCore 10 AVB switches for redundant star configuration
- Power supply: Dual redundant, internal hot-swappable PSUs
- Height (front, rear): 3.6, 15.3 inches (91, 388 mm)
- Width: 38.9 inches (989 mm)
- Depth: 31 inches (787 mm)
- Weight: 119 lbs (54 kg)
- Engine: E6L-144
- Sample rates: 96 kHz
- Input channels: 144
- Input processing: HEAT, HPF, LPF, 4-band PEQ, Expander/Gate, Compressor/Limiter, Delay, 4 plugin inserts, hardware insert
- Mix busses: 64 + LCR
- Output processing: 7-band PEQ, Compressor/Limiter, Delay, 4 plugin inserts, hardware insert
- Matrix: 16 x 16
- VCAs: 48
- Stereo solo busses: 2, with independent control
- Graphic EQs (31-band): 32
- Digital signal processing: Supports up to four HDX-192 DSP Expansion Cards for plugin processing; includes one card
- Plugin support: 4-bit AAX DSP; also supports Waves SoundGrid systems through the WSG-HD Option Card for full integration with S6L, or over MADI
- Plugin slots: 400
- Pro Tools integration: Record/play back up to 128 audio tracks via Ethernet AVB
- Expansion Option Card slots : 4 max
- Ethernet AVB ports: Includes two AVB-192 Ethernet AVB Network Cards with two ports (per card), selectable as etherCON (copper) or SFP (fiber), with redundant ring topology; supports Luminex GigaCore 26i and GigaCore 10 AVB switches for redundant star configuration
- I/O sharing: Supports up to three S6L systems, up to 192 inputs total (requires two AVB-192 Ethernet AVB Network Cards to share I/O)
- Word Clock I/O: Clock I/O BNC, 75 Ohm coaxial
- USB ports: 5 USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 2 back, 1 internal)
- Power supply: N+1 redundant, internal hot-swappable PSUs
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.6 x 16.9 x 19 inches (218 x 430 x 483 mm)
- Rack spaces: 5U
- Weight: 74 lbs (33 kg)
- Maximum I/O: 64 input channels, 32 output channels @ 96 kHz with one Stage 64 rack; up to 192 inputs/96 outputs supported (depending on the E6L engine in use) with three Stage 64 racks (64 ins/32 outs each)
- I/O card slots: 12
- Sample rates: 96 kHz
- Ethernet AVB ports: 2, selectable as etherCON (copper) or SFP (fiber), with redundant ring topology; supports Luminex GigaCore 26i and GigaCore 10 AVB switches for redundant star configuration
- Maximum cable length: Copper: 100 meters (328 feet); Fiber: 500 meters (1,640.4 feet)
- MADI: Dual MADI output offers direct split of all 64 inputs
- Headphone confidence monitor : 1/4" TRS stereo headphone jack with volume control; display for channel selection
- Word Clock I/O: BNC, 75 Ohm coaxial
- Power supply: Dual redundant internal PSUs
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 17.5 x 17 x 12.2 inches (445 x 432 x 310 mm)
- Rack spaces: 10U
- Weight: 69 lbs (31 kg)